Where is Boquete?
Tucked away on the eastern slopes of Volcan Barú in Panama’s Chiriqui province is the small and charming mountain village of Boquete with the Caldera river scenically passing through the town.
What are the Homes Like in Boquete?
There are some gorgeous mountain homes in Boquete, many with a Spanish contemporary style that fit perfectly into the mountain scape. You can also find smaller, more modest homes in the town and along the mountains and sometimes by the river that are very reasonable in price.
What is the Boquete Community Vibe?
The neighborhood vibe in Boquete is very social and friendly. There is a large ex pat community from North America, Canada, and Europe that love to get together, party, and attend social events at restaurants, cafes, and homes around town. There are some lovely gated communities in Boquete that boast swimming pools, golf courses, and other wonderful amenities to enjoy neighborhood activities. The local community is friendly and tranquilo, and have an open mind about their international neighbors.
What Amenities are close to Boquete?
Here you have some beautiful hotels and Inns, spas, outdoor adventure tours, grocery stores, 2 Spanish Language schools, Public Transportation, and more. Boquete is located only about 45 minutes from the city of David with large grocery stores, a Price Smart, malls, hospitals, an International Airport, and more.
What is the weather like in Boquete?
A year round Spring like climate is enjoyed in Boquete due to its 3,000 foot elevation. After a heavy rain in the mountains, there are beautiful rainbows and sunshine that span across the mountains in Boquete which are truly beautiful!
What Makes Living in Boquete Unique?
Boquete’s healthy climate has prompted many to believe it is the secret to longevity since many native Boqueteños have lived well on past their one-hundredth birthdays. There is an abundance of fresh local produce grown in this region and Boquete is close in proximity to the coast with world class fishing so the healthy and delicious food options are spectacular. Here you will feel happy with perfect spring like weather, a great sense of community, lots of outdoor activities, great buys in real estate, and much more. This town is one of AARP’s top 5 retirement destinations around the world.
What are some of the main attractions of Boquete?
* Known to produce some of the sweetest oranges and richest coffees in all of Panama, Boquete is quickly becoming a destination for those visitors seeking a comfortable temperate climate.
* Visitors love Boquete’s sunny and cool mountain weather and marvel at the exquisite colorful vistas.
* Boquete’s surrounding hills and slopes are primarily covered in shade-grown coffee plantations, providing a rich product recognized by international connoisseurs.
* Boquete is known for its sustainable farming practices.
* Coffee is primarily picked by the Guaymi Indians during the months of October through February.
* Coffee picking season is a festive time and colorfully clad Indian families come from various parts of the province to harvest the coffee cherries. Tours through some of the coffee fincas of Boquete can be arranged for those interested in seeing the origins of their morning brew or sighting a wide variety of bird life.
* The gardens of Boquete are colorful and beautiful. This verdant production is best witnessed at the Festival, but can be seen throughout the year in a variety of contexts.